Monday, March 14, 2016

I love to see the temple...

Saturday I had the amazing opportunity to visit the Campinas temple with the stake in Sao Carlos! Several times A MONTH they rent a bus and drive the whole stake up to the temple, usually staying the entire day.



Not at the temple... but I love acai! Wish we had it in the states!



When we got back from the temple we blended maracuja, creme de leite, and doce de leite in the liquidificador (trying saying that one ten times fast!). Put it in the freezer and tada! Delicious mouse :)


We were watching a movie and this HUGE grasshopper hopped onto the couch. Insects are cool.



If you look closely you will see a gigantic black bee, I couldn't resist taking a picture of it. Imagine eating honey from that beast!



This was the back side of the temple.



It was so beautiful. We did a session in Portuguese, that was good language practice for sure!



Becs and I with our new friend Junior.



The view from the top. The temple is on a hill above the rest of the city, so we had a lovely view.



This cute little guy is called mindinho in Portuguese, or little finger. If you stick your finger out he'll come right on and suck all the sweat off! Isn't that sweet of him?

I was so grateful for the opportunity to enter the House of the Lord this weekend. The temple is a beautiful, sacred place, and I take it too much for granted when I live close. Every time I go I am reminded of how much the Lord loves all His creations. I'm so lucky to get to study some of them! But the best part is, we can all enjoy God's creations just by going on a walk. What a wonderful world we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment