Sunday, February 21, 2016

Never take me fishing.

As I'm sure most of you know, I love the outdoors, I love water, and I love fish (eating them especially). Fishing combines all of that, right? So I should enjoy it, and maybe even be partly decent at it, right? Well, every time I go I forget just how bad I really am. Last week they caught over 90 fish, but at least while we were there we caught.... none! Zip! So yeah, don't take me fishing. I'm bad luck AND I'm bad at it ;)


So first we threw out a net (by we I mean not me...) and caught a bunch of little fish that we used as bait later. 



It is soo pretty here!


On the dock ;)

They were kind enough to let me stay in the shade, maybe that's why I didn't catch anything. 


Took a boat ride.



A few of our new friends who spoke English, that was exiting!



There was a large cow head, and everyone thought it was so funny to take pictures in front of it. 


Kind of looks like it's eating my head?


After our day of hard work we drove through a town colonized by Italians. 


And of course, in said town we bought ice cream. 


I got a raisin flavored scoop and condensed milk and coconut. Raisin was ok... but the coconut. Way good. 

The night before we went to a party with some of their friends and stayed up way to late eating waaaaaaay too much food. That combined with an extraordinarily warm night led to very little sleep, and my Portuguese abilities suffered accordingly. I have a weird habit, I used to think out phrases in German, now I try to come up with phrases in Portuguese, and then my brain automatically switches back to German. When I'm tired I get so focused on thinking in Portuguese/German I have a hard time following the conversation well enough to say the things I'm thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment